"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday

So often we get caught up in trying to make things look better than they are, make it look like we don't make mistakes. Admitting that we fall short of those unattainable goals has a therapeutic effect. MckMama created a place to "get together" and to see how others don't have it all together like we think they do!

This week there is no way you saw me drive to get fried chicken strips after church at 8pm. Nope, not me! I always go straight from church to my house to put my child to bed. Remember the Mother of the Year award?!

I did not clean out my husband's old truck in front of the house today in hopes that it would make it more appealing to a thief. That would be terrible! I hate that truck with passion love that truck just as much as my husband loves it. I did not find so many random things in the bed of that old truck. (a wide array of items from an axe to a life jacket) We don't live like rednecks. We don't even own a rusted truck older than myself. Nope, not us!

I went to R.ite Aid today to get a couple of deals. One being: buy 10 S.oy Joy bars for $5 with a $5 rebate, making them free + 2 buy one get one free coupons=$1 profit! I went back and told her that she had only charged me for 9 bars. I totally did that because I'm a God-fearing woman and DO NOT believe in stealing. It definitely was not because I knew I would then not qualify for the $5 rebate if they see that I only purchased 9 bars! Nope, not me!

I had to make an appointment with the "bug guy" for today. We have a serious lady bug problem. Who knew that they were protected? Then, I asked him if you only have 1 of a nasty roach certain small bug if that could be it, or if there could be more. I was not able to show him that certain small bug on my stairs that I had killed a couple of days before. No way! It was really hard to describe what it looked like because I had thrown it in the trash immediately upon kill. YUCK! Man, no wonder my child has a high protein intake! It will be me vacuuming tomorrow, I'll tell ya that much.

What perfect accomplishments do you have for this week? Do share!

No comments: