"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Not Me! Monday

It's that time again!



I did not take my child into a thrift store in only her diaper. That would be very redneck of me and I would never do such a thing! My child always has on a super adorable outfit with a matching bow in her hair and shoes on her feet. If I had done something like that it would only be for the fact that she was burning up after having been 40 degrees outside this morning and turned to 80 later in the day. Who cares why because I would never!

I did not get Ben and Jerry's banana split ice cream thanks to the coaxing from my husband to get the sugar-free fat-free frozen yogurt I ended up buying. Thanks, sweetums! You always know how to keep me on the right track! Ben and Jerry's would be very fat-full and sugar-full and....and....super stinking delicious.

I so did not eat more than my husband when we went out to dinner. That would also be fat-full of me! Especially since he is 200+ pounds and 6+ feet tall! I could never out eat him. If I did it would only be for fact that I'm still nursing and I need 12,000 more calories in a day than a normal human being. But don't worry about it...because I didn't. Nope, not me!

I did not send my 8 month old out into the church service last night with a friend, while I sat in the nursery. Having her around a bunch booger-y children only boosts her immune system, I'm sure. That would just be overprotective and weird of me. And that is so not me!

And finally...I did not squeal uncontrollably as my child crunched on a nasty black bug. All the while trying to get it out of her mouth while she sit laughing at me with a mouth full of (extremely crunchy) bug! Blech!! That would be immature and not very motherly of me. Nope, that's totally not me.

MckMama is right, this is very therapeutic! What did you not do this week?!

10 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

Crunchy bugs. Ewww.
lol- I wouldn't want to expose my child (if I had one lol) to all those germs either..

Jennifer said...

The list never ends with what kids will put in their mouth...
Diapers are just like bloomers, right?

erin said...

eeewwwwwww....... i'm getting grossed out thinking about the bug thing. i would scream too!

Honey Mommy said...

Yuck! I have never caught my boys with a bug in their mouth! I think if I had, then I would scream too!

My husband can eat whatever he wants, but if I LOOK at pie I gain four pounds. No fair!

Anonymous said...

how funny--I JUST fished a bug out of my 16 month old's mouth this morning, while on the phone with State Farm insurance! LOL!!

great NOT ME's!!!!

Ashley said...

my kids have eaten so many bugs, I have lost count!! It's just a little extra protein, right??

heidi said...

LOL yum! Bugs!

Stacey said...

I always went with the idea that nursing mom's need at least 15,000 calories a day...we are still eating for 2!

heidi said...

No way!! Three Forks?! What a small world! No, I promise I don't know your mom. LOL I found the Not Me through Baby Tunnel Exodus and just picke dyour name at random to go visit. How funny. :-)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Onces again, too cute:) And who are all these people commenting...I don't know any of them...when did you make all these friends;)??