"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me! Monday



It's that time again!


Last week, it was not me that didn't play by the rules. I know I told you all about MckMama and her precious baby that is going to be born a miracle! (Head over to her blog to find the rest of his story.) And how this is all her idea and not mine and that if you would like to join in the carnival you are more than welcome to do so.


I did not have a friend over to tell me how to better organize my house two weeks ago and then accept her invitation to come over and help me actually get it done simply for the fact that I haven't done anything. Not me, I have worked through the wee hours of the night getting our home perfectly organized in the way that she suggested!


It was not me that refused to lift a finger around the house all day yesterday...that must have been my husband!


I certainly did not allow people in my house on Friday without having vacuumed floors or scrubbing bathrooms. I would never do such a thing. My house is always immaculate for company.


I did not concern myself with silly things like having my front porch properly decorated for fall before 12 men came over to my house. What sense would that make?


I did not buy 3 alarms clocks in one week and return two of them already. I'm definitely not going to return the 3rd one as soon as I can. I'm not that concerned with our morning alarm situation. That would make me a tad anal retentive and that as you can see is not me!


I did not take my pumpkin cup-cake back from the little boy that won it fair and square at the cake walk just so I could show it to every one. That would be vain and prideful! (Don't worry, I gave it back to him.)


And finally, I did not allow my child to continue sitting under her high chair cleaning up from lunch (from this day and maybe even the day before) because she was quiet and content while I was getting dinner prepared. I would never let her do that because there is no telling what she would be eating under that high chair. Very unsanitary! Instead, I'm sure I remember that I picked her up and was able to prepare a gourmet meal with one hand while riding on a unicycle and balancing plates on my head! Do not look at the pictures below to confirm what really happened!

Already sharing at such a young age! And those ARE raisens....not bugs, thankfully!



I look forward to seeing what the rest of you didn't do this week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Funny....thanks for sharing :)

Ashley said...

bugs are their own source of nutrition, thank you :)

Ohilda said...

Oh my goodness! She's adorable. I also DO NOT let my little guy pick up leftovers from the floor. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ohilda

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

My first thought when I saw the pictures was ladybugs! Is she eating ladybugs???
PS I'm glad you gave the cake back:)