"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, March 30, 2009

Pantry Challenge

In my quest to save money I have realized many things we can do differently to save tons of money. One of the very things that can help many save money would be taking the Eating from the Pantry Challenge. The whole idea is to use as much as you can from your pantry without going to the grocery store.

Our example: My mom and I cleaned out her pantry and organized it. There are several things in there that could be used and so much money that can be saved. Mom normally goes into town on Thursdays and gets groceries. We are going to avoid that for at least a week. Saving (at least) $100 or more simply by making our menu out of what we already have. I must admit, I didn't come up with this on my own; I got it from this blog. We might have to get pretty creative toward the end of this challenge, but that exactly why it's called a challenge!

Are you looking into saving money? This is a great place to start. The first step is to leave a comment letting me know if you'll be embarking on this challenge with us. Best of luck to you!

No comments: