"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Christmas Present

This year I was very impressed with my Christmas present from my husband. I think he did a wonderful job. I always get a little nervous when it is gift-giving time in our house. One year for V*alentine's day I had resigned myself to the fact that I would get nothing unless I asked for it specifically. I just wanted a card...nothing more. When I told him that V-day was coming up soon, he said that he was "working on something." I started to get a little excited, wow, he's already thinkin'! Well...he's not good at keeping secrets, so he keeps talking. "It's kinda for both of us." OK "Well, I don't really think that you're going to like it." OK, so you're working on something for yourself? Then he said that one of his friends had gotten a bull m*astiff puppy and didn't realize how big it would get and his wife was making him get rid of it. S. said all that he would have to do is pay the shipping to get the dog to him. Now just a side note: we already have two 90lb dogs at this point in our lives. No! No, no, no!! No more dogs! So what to I end up getting for V-day.....nothing...not even a card! So this Christmas I told him that I would like a futon or daybed to go into our guest bedroom/office. I began to get nervous when he started to tell me that he was going "all out" this year. And then he again said, "It's kinda for both of us." I started to imagine seeing a futon on Christmas morning, then quickly got over that and thought that he was either assembling parts to a rifle down here or building a dog kennel for the "new puppy." I was thrilled when I came downstairs on Christmas morning to find that he had slaved all night in the guestroom painting and putting together my Christmas gift. He painted the whole room, the desk, and added the coffee table and "click-clack". (Kind of like a futon, but a little different. Not 100% that is really the name for it.) He did not come to bed at all on Christmas Eve and only slept 2 hours on Christmas day because he worked so hard on my gift. I must say I'm very impressed and totally grateful!

No comments: