"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday



It's that time again. Where I make public the actions that very well should be kept quiet!

This week I most certainly did not get SUPER excited when MckMama mentioned me in one of her posts. I have not shown everyone in the house and those that walk through the front door the post that mentioned my blog. That would be a little obsessive of me. If I had, it would only be because she's like...famous...she's been on TV! The local news at 6 and 10, but TV nonetheless. (there were 1285 comments and I was one of 15 she chose, I'm just sayin')

I did not get frustrated when my wee one threw everything on the floor that I put in front of her these last few days. I understand she really wasn't feeling well and went swiftly to the broom and swept up every last crumb pleasantly. I never would have grumbled and just let it sit until mom's four legged h.oover came back into the house. Nope, not me!

I also never would have let my mother feed my sick child M & M's this weekend. No way! She was sick and that's the last thing she needs. I fed her three all-organic delicious meals and several small snacks every day that she thoroughly enjoyed!

I heard my mother come down the stairs while little bit and I were napping. Unfortunately mom's insane chocolate lab woke my child and myself up bounding across the floor above us. I did not lie there hoping that my mother would hear my child's cries and come to get her out of bed for me. Nap, I don't nap! I was ready and waiting for her to awaken while mopping floors, washing dishes and accomplishing all of the days chores before 10 am. Proverbs 31 wife: that's me!

Feel free to hop over to MckMama's blog and join in the fun today. Praise God that her son is well enough to be back at home with his family! Also making it possible for MckMama to resume the Not Me! Monday fun. What have you been busy not doing? I would love to hear about it! Especially those of you who never comment, but always read...you know who you are. :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh yes, that dog has energy. and i have done the same only with Ryan - laid there a little longer than normal to see if he will hear her. hahahahahaha

Aubrey said...

Hi! It's Aubrey (remember, way back in Germany?!). I have been following your blog, and finally felt guilty enough to tell you! I love your "No Me! Monday"s and thought you might enjoy one of my posts on my blog, entitled "It Going Down in My Belly." Enjoy! And if you want to chat, e me at aub4god@gmail.com (-: God Bless!

Michele said...

Hey Kira, I am not surprised that your comment was chosen, you are one of the funniest people I know. You can pull some good things out of your mouth! Congratulations on your fame!