"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, May 4, 2009

Feeling Better

Until last week, I didn't know that croup was a real virus. I thought that's what old ladies said when kids had bad coughs. For those of you that were like me...it really does exist! Little bit went to bed a little crab the other night and woke up a big crab. She had a pretty high fever and
wheezing when she would inhale. The wheezing worried my mother and me enough that I decided to take her in to see the doctor. Sure enough, when we got to the doc her oxygen saturation was at 58% (for those of you medically inclined the monitor was placed on her just after they checked her temp in her ear, not very happy! have I mentioned she likes to hold her breath when she's ticked?) and this worried me a bit, but it went up and sat around the low 90's for the rest of the visit once she calmed down. She was having a hard time getting her breaths in, though. He said that the wheezing tells you that it is croup which (in regular people terms) means that her throat was inflamed. He gave me a steroid, advice to live by for the next few days and sent us home. She's did pretty well, if you don't count the almost 10 times that she held her breath! I simply put her flat on her back on the floor and she didn't so much as pass out! Wahoo! Very encouraging, however, still scares the snot out of me. After a few days of being very clingy and taking lots of naps (thanks, Lord) she's doing much better today. Still a little wheezing, but no fever and able to play. I was able to capture a few photos this afternoon playing outside with the boys. Enjoy!

Good observation! This one wasn't outside, but the rest...







No comments: