"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me! Monday (not for those with delicate stomachs)




If this is your first time viewing a Not Me! Monday post, hold on to your hat, this one might be a little icky you might want to click here to find all of the rules, then click here and join in the fun. MckMama started all of this and it's a blast! In a not-so-direct way, tell everyone the things you've done recently but wouldn't readily admit. If you see me face-to-face, I will deny all of this to the very end!



There is absolutely no way I pulled a piece of thread out of my child's derriere. My child is fed very well and does not need to turn to her favorite blanket for sustenance. Blech!! If that were the case there would be no one on Earth who could force me to type such a repugnant statement here.


I was trying to be of help around the house the other day. I had picked up the dining area and decided that the table appeared a little dirty and needed to be wiped down. I proceeded to pick up the rag out of the sink. The same rag that I had used moments earlier to wipe the face and hands of my child. A booger did not appear on the table after the first swipe of the cloth!! Sorry just typing that made me throw up a little in my mouth shiver.


My sis, my mom and I were sitting in the living room with my little one the other afternoon. My twin nephews were off playing around the corner as boys often do. (Silence always concerns a mother.) Sis walked around the corner and called for help. It was not for the fact that they had just "popped" the tops off of three P.edialax liquid suppositories and consumed them all within a 90 second time-frame. Nope. She just needed me to take my child out of her arms because her boys brought her said liquid suppositories unopened and told her they had been left out on the counter. (No worries- poison control said they'd be quite regular juuuussst fine.)


By the way, I would never have been the one to leave the suppositories in question out on the counter. With toddlers around, I understand just how important it is to have those sorts of things totally out of reach!


Wow, I really didn't intend on this post containing such unpleasantries! Your sharing doesn't have to be nearly as icky, but if that's the week you've had: What can ya do?!

2 comments:

Sara said...

hahaha Glad the boys are going to be just fine!

Michele said...

My goodness what a post. O the joys of being around children!!