"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, April 27, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I know, I've been slacking! But for your reading pleasure...








The other day I was squatting down to get something out of my kiddo's suit case. I felt a sneeze coming on and every mother knows that if you sneeze in that position...um...bad things happen. I immediately stood up, therefore avoiding any embarrassing moment. I certainly did not wet my pants! That would never happen to a person over the age of five, especially not to me!



In an effort to save money I have been finding/organizing/clipping coupons. I love a good deal, but I always eat healthy and just because you get something free does not mean you have to get/eat it. I saw a coupon for a free root beer float at A & W. I did not print it out and go just before my FPU class tonight to get that and the free chicken they were giving away at K.FC today. I thought ahead and ate a healthy and nutritious meal at home, of course!



I believe that you have to be assertive with your children starting at a small age. That being said, my child never pitches a fit and gets her way. That was not me that you saw walking home with my child in my arms from the church parking lot. When she started thrashing wildly about firmly voicing her opinion that she didn't want to be put in her car seat, I simply buckled her into her car seat anyway and we drove the short distance home. (I am still a little gun shy....I'm choosing my battles!)



I did not buy a squirt bottle with the intent of using it on my child's face. There is something cruel about shooting a child in the face with water when they are crying. I would never do such a thing. Nope, not me!

What kinds of things did you do throughout the last week, that you found yourself thinking, "What?! Noooo, I didn't just do that!" Do share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I did the "sneeze while having to pee" thing the other day, too! But not once...twice in one day! Guess I shouldn't have held it so long;)

j3k said...

I love it!!! Choosing your battles! Don't ever give up...keep choosing them and keep winning. I have 4 kids: 18, 16, 11 and 10 and there were days I was certain I was the meanest mom in the world but I am so thankful now. My kids are much easier now (even as teens) because I chose those battles early on and I WON! My kids are full of personality and respect!!!! Best of luck :)
Hearts and Hugs

Marie