"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Life without cable

She's got him wrapped around her little finger!

Just thought I'd put a couple more pictures on here today. What can I say, the cable is gone! I don't know if any one else out there has taken the leap or was just smart and didn't get cable in the first place, but the evenings are hard! S. and I turned off the cable just before A. arrived. With the family here it wasn't bad at all. Now that they are gone, we are going crazy! It's much better during the day because our house is actually clean now. :) But when S. comes home at night there's nothing to do. I'm sure we should do something crazy like talk to one another or just hang out as a family, but if anyone has any ideas as to what we can do together, I'm open to suggestions!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I am just north of Montgomery, AL. Mom & Levi are in Savannah, GA. Dad is working in Huntsville, AL and commuting back and forth when he can. Lacey and her fiance now live here and are getting married in August. =) Confused yet? lol

Anonymous said...

Bryan and I didn't have cable until a year ago when we moved here to Oklahoma. We got Netflix while Payden was little - it's so cheap, convientent, and great for when you are up at 2am! Also, you can watch most shows online now, but if you canceled the cable to stop watching TV you might want to ignore those suggestions.
Bryan and I love to play games. We've even revamped some of our favorite 3 player games so just the two of us could play.
Don't worry though... it's stir crazy when they are little and sleep a lot, but as soon as they hit toddlerhood, your evenings will be packed and your house will NOT be clean at the end of the night. :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

John and I like to read through books, specifically marrigae books, together at night. Games and puzzles are always fun...but I'm imagining Sean working on a puzzle...hmmm...I can see the pieces flying all over the living room, hmm...maybe not a good idea! You guys could go for a walk after dinner.