"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, October 19, 2007

Doctor Says All is Well

We spent all day at the hospital today. I like to get everything over at once, so I scheduled all of the appointments that I needed to get out of the way in one day. Makes for a fun day! ha! First I had a thyroid ultrasound at 8am then it was on to the lab to drink the lovely orange cocktail, wait for an hour, come back, get blood drawn. After that we went upstairs for our regular OB appointment, went home for an hour and came back for a b*reastf*eeding class.
S. feels as though he was tricked into going. Call it what you wish, had I actually told him what kind of class it was going to be, he would not have come! As we were walking into the hospital he says, "So what kind of class is this? C*hildbirth?" I then grabbed his hand tightly so he had no way of escape and told him it was a b*reastf*eeding class. "You tricked me! You lied to me to get me here!" I then told him, "I did not lie, I only withheld information!" Very different! ha! All he knew is that we were going to a class. We both ended up learning very useful information and when the baby comes and I'm freaking out because something isn't working, he can recall the class and confirm that I'm just crazy.
The baby is fine. I have been having lots of contractions, but they are not productive. They just told me I'm going to have to deal with them. There is no need to worry unless I get to the point where I can't talk through them. For now, they are just annoying. I will just deal with them, because I think the end result is well worth it! :)

No comments: