"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not Me! Monday Whatever Day I Want

I thought of these yesterday, that's gotta count for something.

I was helping my mother prepare dinner for women's bible study last night. In an attempt to get more accomplished I had given Little Bit a bowl and she was "creating" with the salt and pepper shakers. I certainly did not allow her to eat her "creation" especially after she'd added sugar to the mix. There's no reason for a child to eat salt, pepper, and sugar out of a bowl...yuck! (She did eat more of her carrots and chicken than her granulated concoction.)

Some days with a two year old are just no fun. However, my two year old can sometimes be quite strong-willed. I've got a grasp on how to handle her. It was not me that had at least 30 minute time-out battle with her yesterday. She sat right in her chair when I asked and said "sorry" immediately after the "beeps." hmm....must have been my mother at which Little Bit was screaming, and throwing the wooden time-out chair against the wall. Nope, not me! I've got a grasp on how to handle her, remember?

Last night, after bible study, I noticed a little pink car seat with Pez, peanuts, and a few pennies nestled inside. I had a little giggle. It would never have been me to say "When I have kids, I'll never throw food and snacks at them just to keep them content in their car seat for a short car ride." (I was such a good mother, before I actually became one.)