"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

something I said I'd never do


I clearly remember my precious niece sitting in the exact same high chair at my house mere days before our precious girl was born. I recall thinking to myself, "I can not believe that my sister is letting her child have free reign of that yogurt cup at only 18 months of age. I'll never do that with my child!"
And here we are, almost 19 months from that day, as I take photographs of my very own child doing exactly what I said "I'd never" allow her to do!
I seem to remember my niece making quite a bit less of a mess than her cousin!
What have you done lately with your kiddos that, before having the pleasure of being faced with the situation yourself, you said you'd never do?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

i let Cadence eat the blueberries or whatnot that fall on the floor sometimes. she gets to them as i clean up her high chair. sometimes i try to get to them before her - sometimes she gets to them before the dogs - sometimes i don't try to stop either one of them. gross. i know, gross.

Michele said...

That what makes you so great... you admit to your once ignorance thoughts!