"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, June 7, 2009

it all started...

this morning we got to church a couple of minutes late. Then I was sitting in church and got a few misleading text messages from my mother, in town at the time helping some friends with the labor/delivery of their first child. Left in a hurry to go into town only to find out it was church drama and not the baby being born that was the issue.

Thankfully, the baby is just fine.*

Made it to the hospital and was able to get some fresh clothes to mom and visit for a moment. I needed to get home to cook the jambalaya I had promised for our small group, but I only had 3 or 4 diapers left. After seeing an awesome deal at C.VS, I thought I would stop there and get diapers for less than a dime per diaper. Of course I get there and the E.CBs wouldn't print. Trying to figure out how to show the manager where I saw the sale was taking up precious time only to return the package that I bought in the first place. Was I thinking of what I would do after I got through the 3 or 4 diapers? Nope! Left there and headed home. Then I receive a call from hubby with not so great news. Now he thinks he won't come home as soon as he thought. Boo! As I speak with him....'beep-beep' "Low Fuel" Shocker! We are dealing only in cash, and I didn't want to have to go inside while talking on my phone. And you with children understand, that's not always an option. Blah! Had to use the debit card. Throw off my budget a little not a big deal.

Full tank, back on the road...home to make jambalaya.*

Half Pint fell asleep just as we were pulling into town.

Thankfully, taking her out of the car and putting her right into bed for a nap was successful.*

Now to get started cooking. "Mom got a new food processor, that will help save time," I thought. "This is silly, I can't get it to work.....this is really frustrating, I still can't get this to work....alright, this is tickin' me off....dumb machine!" Out with the processor, in with the old fashioned knife. And when I say old fashioned, I mean old fashioned. I might as well have let my daughter cut the veggies with her rubber coated spoons. In my failed attempt to make a super dull 90 year old kitchen knife work like Rachael Ray's santoku knife, I ended up hitting my head on the above hanging cast iron skillet too many times. And then of course in my vigorous chopping, ended up knocking the bowl for the food processor off of the counter...and now it's in at least 10 more pieces than it started out today.

Fortunately, the crash/bang and the "oh bother s*^@!" didn't wake the baby.*

I burned some of the rice and ended up kicking up a scoop full of rice onto the stove as I tried to give it all a stir.

I did get the jambalaya cooked and edible.*

We were about 15 minutes late for with dinner.

The night ended well with a great dinner with wonderful friends!*

*All of the things from my day that I've decided to focus on.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh my! i have had days like that. i think that post should count for like 3 not me mondays. what did you do with only 4 diapers left? is A completly potty trained now? :)

Unknown said...

Oh Kira! I get a kick outta your blogs, life is NEVER boring in your neck of the woods.