"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

fear

Not really being a "morning person" I normally wake when my child wakes me (normally around 7 or 7:30). The other morning I rolled over at 8:45am. "Wow, she's still asleep," I thought to myself.

Then fear started creeping in...

what if something happened

something is not right

she's started to cry, I didn't hear her

something is wrong

Very quickly a verse came to mind: Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I repeated this verse twice and a peace came over me and then I began to hear in the distance...

"ouuuhht, ouuuht." (out, out)

Peace.

I told God I was worried, He gave me peace.

1 comment: