"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, November 30, 2007

No Scissors!

I was a sub in a first grade class the other day. We read a story and then the kids were supposed to make their own totem poles. I gave them a piece of paper with everything on it. All they had to do was cut the pieces out and glue them to construction paper. I had a little girl tell me, right when I told them they would have to cut, "I don't have any scissors." Not too much earlier she had also told me that she didn't have a pencil either. So my response to both questions were the same..."Ask one of your friends around you if you could borrow theirs." When I told her that about the scissors, several of the students heard me. In turn, 4 or 5 students willingly offered up their scissors for her to use. A few minutes later she comes back to me and says that there are too many people that offered and she doesn't know who to borrow from. "OK, you'll just have to pick someone." She comes back again saying she still doesn't know who to pick because there are so many. This little girl ended up coming to me a total of 3 times just to tell me that she didn't know who to borrow from....and I thought I was bad with decision making!

No comments: