"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Planning Ahead

I'm trying to plan ahead for Thanksgiving day. S. has invited a couple of guys that he works with over to the house. I have decided on a few things to make and thought I would get on top of things and prepare a few dishes today. I found a recipe for "Frozen Cranberry Banana Salad." Now, I don't really like cranberry salad all that much. I come from a family that just made it because the table didn't look right without it, but no one ever ate it. My grandmothers have always made it with nuts and celery. Gag! My husband said he wanted it though. The bananas and coolwhip made this recipe sound better to me. Well...I made it today and I'm a little nervous that A: I'll have to buy more stuff to make it. or B: We won't be eating it on Thanksgiving day. HA! It is very very good! I don't know if it's just because I'm pregnant or if it really is wonderful! I'll give you the recipe just in case you'd like to try it, but I'm sure this won't sit on the table for very long!
Frozen Cranberry Banana Salad
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits
5 med firm bananas cut length wise then sliced
1/2 c sugar
1 12 oz container coolwhip
1/2 c chopped walnuts
Drain juice from can of pineapple into a medium bowl. Set pineapple aside. Add bananas to juice, let sit. In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce and sugar. Drain and discard juice from bananas. Add bananas to cranberry mix. Stir in pineapple, coolwhip and nuts. Put into a 9x13 and freeze. Take out 15 minutes before serving.
Let me tell you, it is yummy yummy yummy!

No comments: