"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, August 18, 2008

And what it looks like now!


Most everything in here I planted as bulbs with the exception of the nine foot tall canna lilies! There were a few of those that just started out as roots. This bed should have quite a bit of growth next year...gladiolus around the back corners and the caladiums tucked into them and those lilies are going around that left corner along that side of the house. My plan was not to plant a privacy bush!

This is not really how I would have chosen to plant these flowers, however I took too long in deciding where to put them, so my husband took it upon himself to plant them while I was gone. I'm not bitter.

These red plants do really well at night. They get too much sun during the day, I thought this would be the least sunny spot in the yard, still too much for these though.


This still isn't where I would like it to be; I haven't gotten a chance to put weed/grass killer in the part to the left of the walk way. There's not really anything but that sunflower and a few caladiums up by the stairs that should be in there. This is probably as good as it gets for right now. My flowers are doing pretty well, though. I have a friend that is moving soon and renting out her house and figures that bushes are easier for renters to tend to, so I'm going over to take some of her flowers when she gets the bushes planted. I'm pretty excited. Not a whole lot, just some asiatic lilies and some purple thingys (I couldn't keep you thinking that I totally know what I'm doing out there!).

3 comments:

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Beautiful:)

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks great!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

When we first moved into our house in February, I said "Oh this yard is small I can take care of it!" Once the weeds got out of control on the side of the house, I decided to start pulling. After about 2 hours, I stopped. We hired a landscaper in May;) Wish I had the patience to do that kind of stuff! It's tough when we are gone for long periods....keep up the awesome work!