"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm back and saving more money than ever!


UPDATE: KEEP SCROLLING DOWN...I CHEATED AND BACKDATED THE BABY'S BIRTHDAY POST, SAD, I KNOW.

More than ever? I never really saved anything before! I was the one to be too embarrassed to use my coupons, whoopie saved $.65 that time, hardly worth it. Until now. The whole idea is to strike while there are sales with coupons in hand. I've learned a lot from moneysavingmom.com, but most of my inspiration has come from my very own sister.
I'm super excited about my trip to K.roger today! I save 77%! Total before sales/coupons/discounts $32.7o; total after $8.55 with tax! The baby even clapped at the checkout stand! The guy that was "observing" the self-checkout was probably just checking to make sure that I rang everything up correctly. I also made a stop at A.ldi for fresh veggies and picked up some butter while I was there, since we don't have any. I spent just over $11 there. And the last stop was at D.ollar G.eneral for canned chicken. I use it all the time and for $.66 with tax, who can beat that?! That brings my total for groceries today to a whopping $21! (total value before sales/coupons= $46.65) I've just started with coupons and I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon! The less I spend on things we need, i.e. groceries, the more we have to put towards debt or fun stuff....OK maybe the debt first and then the fun stuff. How did you save money this week?


5 lb bag navel oranges

3 avocados

grape tomatoes

1 lb butter

3 zucchini

1 "thing" cauliflower (not sure if it's a head or bunch or what) (don't judge me!)

2 green giant valley fresh steamer bags

2 cans r.otel

2 cans turkey h.ormel chili

4 cans c.ampbell's healthy request soup

2 reg bags k.raft shredded cheese

2 reg blocks k.raft cheese

2 cans chunk chicken

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great website! I'm printing coupons right now!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your savings. You rock! It is so exciting to know this is possible. To think, all these years of paying full price! CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

That Anonymous was me... Michele

Anonymous said...

Another fun site is freebies4mom.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it's freebies4mom.blogspot.com