"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

no milk

With all that we've got going on lately, it's easy to get wrapped up into the mindset of "this will never happen." Or "we'll never be able to pull this off."

God has done so much for us.

Sadly, that's easy for me to put at the back of my mind.

Things were going well and I had a pretty good attitude.

Until today.

Hubby was supposed to get his orders and get to transportation to figure out how all of this moving business is going to go down.

That didn't happen.

Also found out that his application didn't get all the way to the department it was supposed to get to.

Earlier today I poured Half Pint our last drop of milk. No big deal, I'll just ask Hubby to bring a gallon home with him.

Then, Hubby calls and informs me he'll be a while. Like an after-bedtime while.

My attitude begins to head south.

We'll never get out of here, we won't be able to close on our house in time, we won't have a job when we get out, we won't make our flight next week, I'm not going to be able to get the baby to sleep without any milk!

BLAH!

OK

Focus.

What do I need to do right now? Get the baby to bed...I have to find milk. Go to the neighbor's house.

He just gave his last drop to his little girl and he's hoping his wife remembers to bring a gallon home.

He's in the same boat!

Nuts.

What now?

Call Kim. They live right down the road; church starts in half an hour; they're big cereal people; they've got to have milk.

She's on the line.

They've already left the house.

Nuts.

She tells me to come outside and bring a cup. "We're almost to your house," she says.

Huh?

They had a gallon of milk in the car with them.

Who takes a gallon of milk to church with them?

And this is where God speaks to me saying, "I will give you what you need when I know you need it."

"I will take care of you."

As I type this my attitude is returning to positive and I'm reminded that everything will work out. Just because it's not the way I think it should work out means nothing.

Tomorrow I will go to buy milk and boxes. And get started on moving us out of this house.

Knowing that it will all work out and God will provide just what we need and so much more.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Amen sister, amen! Hang in there, take deep breaths, and exhale prayers. I am lifting you up to the Lord all the way from New York!

Michele said...

Kira, that is so great that you refocused so quickly back to the Lord and His provision! You are so right that He is ALWAYS in charge! Love ya!

megan said...

lol i thought it was funny how you cleared up it the no house payment statement lol.... when i read the first statement that you were debt free i told doug "yeah cause they just sold their house" :)