"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, January 11, 2010

Not Me! Monday




Are you feeling a little guilty because you let your child eat Nerds candy off of the dirty floor in the airport? Or because you got frustrated with your husband for flicking toothpaste on the bathroom mirror you'd just cleaned just before you did the same crazy maneuver yourself? Don't be! Not me! Monday was developed out of MckMama's desire to admit some of her imperfections and reveal a few moments that we'd all rather forget. Join in, you might find it a little therapeutic.




I'll start...




When returning home on our flight on Saturday I was trying to distract Little Bit and have her look out the window as we took off in Denver. It was not us that saw the man in the window seat scratching his brain through the best route: his nose. Nope! We looked over and saw the beautiful Rocky Mountains disappear as we took off into the sky.




I get a little nauseated when I fly. I always make sure that I've got d.ramamine with me for this reason. I also make sure that I have water with me to down that bitter pill. I did not have to pull the lid off of my child's juice bottle and down the pill with some of her juice. No, not me, I politely asked the busy flight attendant if she could grab me a shot of water with which to take the pill. I'd never drink a child's diluted juice! Yuck!




I'm so thankful for gracious friends that let me borrow things. There's no way that I would keep said things for waaayy too long. I returned the carpet cleaner that I borrowed from a friend last June a couple of months ago just after I used it. It was not me that paid someone a couple of weeks ago to shampoo my carpets. And during nap time today I'm going to have time to read, rest and relax. I do not need to wash and prepare the carpet cleaner to be returned to my dear friend before both of us move out of this state! (that one kinda hurts to admit...)




No comments: