"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, September 5, 2010

pardon my rambling


I have sat down to update this blog a couple of times.

I have had a few things happen that I think, "That's a 'blog-worthy' moment."

Those moments haven't really ended up on here for one of two reasons: my memory is very poor and my time to blog is very limited.

I thought with hubby hunting and girls sleeping now would be a great time to have some chips and salsa and shed a little light on the things that have been going on around here.

Hubby and I both started back to school this week. Neither of us with any real direction. We are just trying to get our feet wet and hopefully a major focus with jump out at us.

We have a couple times a week that our classes are a mere 10 minutes apart and we have to swap strollers, baby carriers or car keys and then he heads to class whilst I head back home with the girls. We are slowly figuring it out.

I started the week at 12 hours and quickly cut back to 9 as I realized that my classes Tuesday and Thursday would overlap hubby's classes by 15 minutes. Half Pint is just able to go potty all by herself...it would be too much to ask of her to take care of Short Stuff also. I figured it best that I drop the class so I can watch her myself. :)

We have some wonderful neighbors that just moved in a couple doors down from us. They have 3 kiddos. Half Pint is thrilled to have friends close to her. It's quite nice for hubby and me to have someone to talk with and get to know as well!

Half Pint has been having a rough time lately. I'm not sure if there's something/anything I can blame it on. I think she's just.....two. She's not been wanting to go to bed lately. With any normal child it might not be as frustrating, but with breath-holding in our lives it makes ordinary two year old things hard to handle. We have managed to plow through bed-time and tonight was much better. Started out with the screaming, but thankfully it didn't last as long. I'm certain she's just trying to test me and see if she is in charge...thankfully I'm still the one in charge.

Short Stuff is doing quite well. She gets more and more interactive everyday. It's hard to believe she's 4.5 months! I'm certain she's bigger than her older sister was at this age. For her 4 month appointment she was at 15lbs. I tried to put an outfit on her that was mine and I couldn't even squeeze her into it. I'm thinking the outfit looks lots bigger on the hanger; by the time I tried it on HP it was too small for her as well.

I bought all of the groceries to start up with once a month cooking again. I had big plans of pulling an all night-er to cook everything since hubby is out hunting. That's not happened and I'm bound and determined to not let all of that food spoil! Tomorrow?? We shall see how it unfolds!

I came across two chairs that someone was going to throw out. I thought for sure I would have a purpose for them...and I did. I've been wanting a place to sit outside and haven't quite been able to set aside anything for (expensive) outdoor furniture. I thought for sure there would be something I could cover them with that I could put outside.

And then came outdoor canvas!

Here are my newly recovered out door chairs and it only cost me $8 for the material to recover them!

Well after all of that, I'm ready for bed. Guess chopping onions will have to wait once again!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I miss you so! Thanks for sharing with me what is going on.