"May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, my Lord and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

empty, bottomless bottle


Today I was making a toy for my little one to play with outside. You start with a plastic bottle and cut the bottom off of it. After cutting the bottom off, I handed it to Aislynn because I needed to get a couple of other things ready before I completed the make-shift bubble maker. When I had gotten everything in place I wanted the bottle back to finish creating the toy. Aislynn did not want to give it up. She thought what she had was pretty cool and didn't want it taken away. After quite a bit of coaxing, I got it back. I finished everything up and we started making bubbles. How much more exciting were the bubbles than the silly empty, bottomless bottle? Lots more exciting!

That got me thinking...

How often do we do the same with the life that God has given to us. We walk around with empty unfulfilled lives. Not wanting to give them back to Him because we think we really like what we've made for ourselves while He was preparing things for us. Little do we know, when we give our lives back to Him, the wonders He can work with that empty, bottomless bottle that will bring so much more joy and fulfillment.

Proverbs 8:35 "For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord."

1 comment: